I really like making lists, following prompts, and all that sort of stuff, but I get a little overwhelmed with daily prompts (I’m still amazed that I survived last years month long photo a day challenge). The problem is that I have an obsession with getting ti right (“perfect”) all the time. This has always been an impedement to me with any thing that I try for the first time or anything that requires long term or daily commitments. The thing is, these types of things can just be for fun or for adding a little inspiration to your day/week/month.
Liz (who makes the handspun threads I’m obsessed with) started doing a list a day challenge last month, but life happened. This week, she started it again, but will be doing a list a week. I’ve decided to join her (or, perhaps “copy” is the most appropriate word). When she posts hers, I will follow up with by posting my own.
Here’s the first one: What’s new so far this year?
In case you can’t read the list (which is likely as my writing is messy and the picture is blurry), here’s my list:
- I bought a gym membership
- I work in a new office [with] a new team and a few new responsibilities
- Clothes shopping is no longer a thing to loath and despise. It’s just a major time suck.
- I can walk 10+km and feel great (although, tired) at the end.
- I’m starting to appreciate Edmonton.
- I found the perfect volunteer work & love it!