I didn’t get as much done as I’d hoped yesterday, but part of that was because I was trying a new stitch that I had some difficulty with. The stitch, called Twisted stitch, wasn’t hard, but I was tired and not very focused, so it took me a long time to do it. I picked it because it looks a bit like feathers, which seemed like an appropriate thing for outlining angel wings.
I also did the halo with a specialty stitch. I have no idea what it’s called, but you start with simple back stitching, and when loop the thread around the stitching. I used variegated yellow, in hopes of getting a bit of colour variation, but there wasn’t enough variation for my taste, so I went around a second time, with the weaving spread out a bit so that the halo sort of looks striped. I didn’t do a very neat job, but I still like how it looks.
In the end, I didn’t get very much done, but I’m hoping to be completely caught up by the end of the weekend (I have 5 to go, but I might skip one, as it’s a motif that isn’t something I associate with Christmas). .