I’m participating in the 2014 Sew Advent SAL (stitch-along) hosted by Dragonflylotus Designs Handspun Threads, using the band sampler from iStitch. For more information, visit Liz’s blog. See my intro post about this project here.
I just realized that I didn’t remember to post an update on the last check-in (I hadn’t quite finished). Ah well, it’s looking pretty fantastic.
This week’s band and divider band were pretty quick and simple, which is nice, as I was up late on Sunday night doing it last minute (as usual). Next week’s band includes the first bit of colour – yay!
Note: I used one strand for the divider band (DB4 in the chart, or the bottom line in the picture). The chart recommended 2 strands and Liz used 2 strands, but I’m a rebel, I guess ;)
One thing I’m finding with the silk threads I’m using is that I really notice when I accidentally pick up one of my cheap needles. I’m so glad I bought better needles, because my cheap ones are rough in the eye, which catches and frays the thread. Of course, even my better quality needles take a beating and seem to bend quite easily (the picture below is *after* I straightened it a bit). I may just need to upgrade again!