I’m participating in the 2014 Sew Advent SAL (stitch-along) hosted by Dragonflylotus Designs Handspun Threads, using the band sampler from iStitch. For more information, visit Liz’s blog. See my intro post about this project here.
Oh, look! I worked on the SAL for the first time in about a month!
Actually, it’s pretty impressive considering how busy I’ve been these past 2 months and considering the fact that it’s summer, so a lot of my Saturdays now go to field work.
Week 11 (the last one I was supposed to do) was a pretty easy and quick update, except that I screwed it up and didn’t realize I had until the very end. If you look really closely, you’ll see that the “Y” starts one linen strand too far to the right. Just one, so it’s barely noticeable, but I was mighty frustrated when I got to the “3” and realized I had made the mistake. Instead of taking all the stitches out, I just started the “3” one strand to the left so everything line up in the right edge.
Thankfully, the pretty wee hearts are distracting so I don’t think anyone will notice.
I didn’t get much of the week 12 band done. Just the border. This might have something to do with the fact that I was watching dinosaur and wildlife shows on Netflix. I’m very easily distracted by such things. Especially when they use infra-red cameras to show a leopard stalking a type of small antelope. It was very tense and I could not pull my eyes away from it. Anyway, I did get the border done and all I have left to do is the holly. The second bordered block (on the right) is for the next update and will have a bird in it, if I remember correctly. Here’s a look at the whole piece so far.