I got inspiration for this list from The Broke and the Bookish, who has a ongoing “Top Ten Tuesday” theme. Today’s post is supposed to be “Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR” (TBR = to be read, in other words, the books you own but haven’t read yet). While I did acquire a few books over the holidays, I don’t have ten to list without looking back several months, so I just picked the few that I’m most interested in reading next:
- Against the Grain: An Irreverent View of Alberta – A birthday gift. It looks very interesting and a good way to embrace the fact that I’ve been living here long enough to call Alberta “home.”
- The Art of Racing in the Rain – Another birthday gift. This will be an interesting read after Fifteen Dogs, which has a similar type of premise (dogs that have human intelligence)
- Seven Dead Pirates – I bought this kids book “for the niblings.” And, because it’s about pirates.
- Outline – This was a pre-Christmas gift to myself. It looks very interesting – sort of a mix of novel and short stories (which I love).
- A Man Called Ove – The book store employee gushed about this. How could I resist? I think this may be the book I’m looking forward to starting the most.
I have these and a few others on my bedside table, waiting to be read just as soon as I finish the last library book I found in my possession over the holidays (I kid you not, pretty much every library e-book I had on hold came with in a few days of each other after Christmas – I’ve been reading furiously just to get through everything and still had to return one and immediately put it back on hold).
What are you reading or waiting to read?